Students: Here’s the mindomo links for grades 4 and 5. Have fun!
We had a great time at Adventure Village last Friday. It was beautiful weather for our end of the year trip! Thank you to Mrs. Lalla for volunteering her time! Here’s the week ahead:
Monday, June 12th – Day 5
- Science Fair!! Students are asked to come in at the bell (no earlier please) and drop off their projects in the gymnasium. They may then go to class for attendance, etc. and will be back in the gymnasium for set up at 9:40. Please see below for the schedule. We hope to see you there!
Tuesday, June 13th – Day 1
- Volunteer Tea: If you have volunteered in some capacity this year, please rsvp and join us in celebrating you!
Wednesday, June 14th – Day 2
- Class Pizza Party!! No need to pack a lunch today parents. Thanks to Luke Sowden winning the class pizza party at the Groove-a-thon, we will be enjoying pizza, veggies and dessert during first break today.
Thursday, June 15th – Day 3
- Last school pizza day for the year!
- Junior Choir practice
Friday, June 16th – Day 4
Enjoy the weekend!
What a busy week we have:
Monday, June 5th – Day 5
- students may work on science fair projects both breaks with their partners today
Tuesday, June 6th – Day 1
- students may work on science fair projects break #2 with their partners and during class periods 5 & 6 tomorrow. Please come prepared with all their materials if needed.
- Pizza Day today (instead of Thursday!)
Wednesday, June 7th – Day 2
- school track meet: students should come with appropriate running clothes/shoes. They should arrive at school wearing a hat and sunblock as well as extra sunblock for reapplication later in the day and will be responsible for doing this with reminders from teachers. They will be outside all day! Bringing a blanket / towel to sit on outside is a great idea for lunch times and in between races.
Thursday, June 8th – Day 3
- Adventure Village Trip (all day) – again, please send your child to school prepared for the weather with a lunch/snacks and water bottle
- students should aim to have their science fair projects finished today, but do NOT need to bring in journals or project boards to school
- students should bring in Science Fair Projects (including their science journals/duotangs) and drop off in the gymnasium after the 9:05am bell on Monday, June 12th.
- Please see attached post on the Rousseau Website: Letter-to-parents-re-science-fair
Friday, June 9th – PA Day
No school today!
- Tomorrow the grade four students will be travelling to the RBG for a fun day of outdoor learning. Students please come prepared for the weather.
- Grade 5 students will be sharing in a morning brunch and all students are asked to bring in some food to share with friends.
- Please send back assessment duotangs with students
- Adventure Village trip forms due Monday
- Science Fair Back Boards distributed today
- opportunities for students to work with their Science Fair partners each day next week during one of the breaks.
- Fun Fair Friday!!
Holiday on Monday
Science Fair Stage 2 forms and duotangs sent home today – stage 2 due next Wednesday.
students who needed extra time to finish their writing piece from this week may do so over the long weekend but writing pieces should be submitted published, on Tuesday as we will begin our new writing piece for the week.
Have a wonderful long weekend!
Just a reminder that Stage One of the Science Fair worksheets are due this Wednesday. Each student (even if working in a group) should be submitting one Information Sheet this Wednesday. This will be primarily a project completed at home, however there will be school time provided along the way and opportunity for feedback given to my students. This is a mandatory project for 4/5L and students will be assessed on their depth of knowledge and the scientific process in their final presentations.
The next stage of this Project will be provided on Wednesday. Good luck and if you have any questions, please ask!
Today we continued making our videos to demonstrate knowledge of “conflict” in a text. Students explored conflict yesterday in The Little Mermaid and The Lion King with clips from these stories. Today we read,
and talked about the conflict in this text. Students are gaining an understanding of the 4 types of conflict:
External Conflict: man vs. man
man vs. nature
man vs. society
All in preparation for writing our own narratives….
In Math, we moved on to explore volume today and learned about the differences between area and volume (2D vs. 3D). Students constructed “Mat Drawings” and then built their 3D structures based on these drawings.
Pizza Day will be moved from tomorrow to Friday !
Congratulations to Luke Sowden for raising the most money for the Groove-a-thon, and for everyone else who did their part to contribute to our class winning the Pizza Party! We can’t wait!
Today we finished up our last writing piece on “Themes” in a story line, giving evidence to prove the theme and reflecting on our evidence. We will move onto looking at conflict in stories as our next reading/writing focus.
We launched our next science units with a lab today. Grade Fours are looking at habitats and communities and Grade Fives are exploring The Human Body. We began our unit with a lab, using “Gizmos”. Your child has their Gizmo log in code and password written in their agenda.