- Tomorrow the grade four students will be travelling to the RBG for a fun day of outdoor learning. Students please come prepared for the weather.
- Grade 5 students will be sharing in a morning brunch and all students are asked to bring in some food to share with friends.
- Please send back assessment duotangs with students
- Adventure Village trip forms due Monday
- Science Fair Back Boards distributed today
- opportunities for students to work with their Science Fair partners each day next week during one of the breaks.
- Fun Fair Friday!!
Holiday on Monday
Science Fair Stage 2 forms and duotangs sent home today – stage 2 due next Wednesday.
students who needed extra time to finish their writing piece from this week may do so over the long weekend but writing pieces should be submitted published, on Tuesday as we will begin our new writing piece for the week.
Have a wonderful long weekend!
Just a reminder that Stage One of the Science Fair worksheets are due this Wednesday. Each student (even if working in a group) should be submitting one Information Sheet this Wednesday. This will be primarily a project completed at home, however there will be school time provided along the way and opportunity for feedback given to my students. This is a mandatory project for 4/5L and students will be assessed on their depth of knowledge and the scientific process in their final presentations.
The next stage of this Project will be provided on Wednesday. Good luck and if you have any questions, please ask!
Today we continued making our videos to demonstrate knowledge of “conflict” in a text. Students explored conflict yesterday in The Little Mermaid and The Lion King with clips from these stories. Today we read,
and talked about the conflict in this text. Students are gaining an understanding of the 4 types of conflict:
External Conflict: man vs. man
man vs. nature
man vs. society
All in preparation for writing our own narratives….
In Math, we moved on to explore volume today and learned about the differences between area and volume (2D vs. 3D). Students constructed “Mat Drawings” and then built their 3D structures based on these drawings.
Pizza Day will be moved from tomorrow to Friday !