I can’t believe the final day of school is here! It’s been a wonderful year getting to know all of your children and their unique personalities. I wish all of you a wonderful summer!
- Your child is reminded to bring in the signed portion of page 3 and 4 of their report card by tomorrow. Students will be given their class placements at the end of the day tomorrow and will be visiting their new classrooms at the end of the day.
- Tomorrow, we will celebrate a great year with a class party. Students are able to bring in board games or art activities to complete for “GART” day. Weather permitting, there may be some water balloons making an appearance….
- Class snacks may be brought in. As usual, peanut free and store bought, not home baked. Thank you for considering all of our allergies in the classroom and ensuring everyone is safe!
The grade fours had their health lesson today with Mr. Obermeyer to discuss smoking and health issues associated with smoking. The grade fives, collaborated to discuss alcohol. Topics included:
- types of alcohol
- what is beer, liquor or wine?
- short and long term effects of alcohol
- differences between the alcohol content of beer, liquor or wine.
Ask your child what they learned today!
Tomorrow is Trip Day! The Grade fours are looking forward to a fun day at the RBG and will leave immediately after the bell. They are encouraged to dress appropriately for the weather, wearing sunblock and a hat. Running shoes are also recommended over sandals for hiking purposes. They will be joining other grade fours in the school and supervised by Mrs. Bennett, Mr. Berg and parent volunteers. They will also be bringing their lunches with them and its suggested that they pack extra food for a busy day outdoors.
Grade Fives are travelling to the movies at approximately 11am. Before that, they have organized a potluck brunch and each student will be bringing an item to share with the grade fives in our class. We’ll be sizzling bacon and blending smoothies tomorrow morning! If you are a parent of a grade five student, please ask them what their item is to share. I’ll be bringing in the pancake mix. A reminder to bring in pocket money for snacks at the movies if they wish to have any.
I’d also like to thank Mrs. Strecker and Mrs. Scott for joining us on our trip to the movies tomorrow. It should be a great day!
Please remember that Trip forms for RBG (4) and movie (5) and payment need to be made ASAP anticipating our trips this Thursday. Also. grade five students will have the opportunity to purchase snacks at the Theatre and may bring in some pocket money to do so. I’m still looking for volunteers to join us at the movies if any parents are willing!!
Today, a permission form was sent home to inform parents that Health and Sexual Education will begin on Wednesday, June 22nd. Mr. Obermeyer will be teaching the Grade Fours, while I will be teaching the grade 5’s for these lessons. Please return permission forms before Wednesday.