I give back your child this week, the same child you confidently entrusted to my care last fall. I give them back pounds heavier, inches taller, months wiser, more responsible, and more mature than they were then.
Although they would have attained this growth in spite of me, it has been my pleasure and privilege to watch their personality unfold day by day. I give them back reluctantly, for having spent nine months together in the narrow confines of a crowded classroom, we have grown close, have become a part of each other, and we shall always retain a little of each other.
Ten years from now, if we met on the street, your child and I, a light will shine to our eyes, a smile to our face, and we shall feel the bond of understanding once more, this bond we feel today.
Remember that I shall always be interested in your child and their destiny, wherever they go, whatever they do, whomever they become. It has been my pleasure to spend each day with your children this year!
Enjoy your summer!
Here’s the plan for the last week……..
Monday, June 23rd – Day 4
*no milk this week
* community trip to Ancaster Library Park/Splashpad and Purple Pony – all volunteers welcome today. Hope to see you here at 11:45.
* Grade 6 Graduation Day (gym will be occupied)
* We say goodbye to our friend Caleb today and last week we said goodbye to Sally.
Tuesday, June 24th – Day 5
* Last Tuesday!
Wednesday, June 25th – Day 1
* Field Day – 2:00-3:00 – students should come dressed to be active and outside
Thursday, June 26th – Day 2
* 2:15 Water Day – please bring your bathing suits, towels and a water device
Friday, June 27th – Day 3
* Last day of the 2013/2014 school year!
* 11:30 am Talent Show
*2:35 Moving up Assembly
* Final Day of School celebrations (treats may be brought in this day)