I give back your child this week, the same child you confidently entrusted to my care last fall. I give them back pounds heavier, inches taller, months wiser, more responsible, and more mature than they were then.
Although they would have attained this growth in spite of me, it has been my pleasure and privilege to watch their personality unfold day by day. I give them back reluctantly, for having spent nine months together in the narrow confines of a crowded classroom, we have grown close, have become a part of each other, and we shall always retain a little of each other.
Ten years from now, if we met on the street, your child and I, a light will shine to our eyes, a smile to our face, and we shall feel the bond of understanding once more, this bond we feel today.
Remember that I shall always be interested in your child and their destiny, wherever they go, whatever they do, whomever they become. It has been my pleasure to spend each day with your children this year!
Here’s the plan for the week:
Monday, June 24th
* community walk and purple pony visit(heat permitting)
Tuesday, June 25th
* Talent Show (Block 2)
* Water Day (Block 3) – wear your bathing suit under your clothes and wear appropriate footwear that can get wet. No flip flops please. Bring a towel.
* beach party celebration for “heating things up”!
Wednesday, June 25th
* report cards come home – please sign page 4 and return
Thursday, June 26th
* last school day of the year
* class celebration ( treats may be brought in this day)
* Visits to our new classrooms for next year!